About Architectural Design
What is AD?
• Available as a book and on subscription, Architectural Design (AD) is a bi-monthly publication: 6 issues are published a year. It combines the topicality of a newsstand magazine with the production qualities and in-depth analysis of a book.
• Organised by theme, each title is guest-edited by a specialist in the field – whether it is a leading academic or designer.
• AD is available in print as a book from bookshops and online stores. See list of stockists in the ‘How to buy AD’ section.
• AD is also available to subscribers both electronically and in print form. See ‘Subscribe to AD’ section for information on subscription rates and online access.
Why read AD?
• Provocative and inspirational, AD stimulates theoretical, creative and technological advances. It questions the outcome of technical innovations as well as the far-reaching social, cultural and environmental challenges that present themselves today.
• Having taken a pivotal role in the digital revolution in architecture in the 90s, AD provides must-have, cutting-edge content for students of architecture, academics and architects globally
• Provides one of the most penetrating, insightful and in-depth views of current architectural topics. AD dares to ask why things are as they are, as well as tracing the latest trends.
• One of the only truly international perspectives on architecture. It draws together worldwide architectural currents, regularly featuring work and practices from the UK, Europe, Americas, Asia and Australia.
• Fully illustrated throughout in colour, with approximately 250 images per issue, AD provides an essential visual reference for architects and students. Each issue is individually art directed and designed to visually inspire.